B2B Product Manager in Construction Industry (f/m/d)
What's the role?
As part of our multinational marketing team, in this position based in Lanzenkirchen near Vienna, you will be responsible to create a sustainable growth in the customer base by taking ownership and proactively managing the customer journey along our Ventilated Façade applications in alignment with our strategy. You will act as a knowledge resource for our market organizations in terms of Ventilated Façade systems.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
Our site in Lanzenkirchen, based in the south of Vienna is Hilti´s Competence Center for Ventilated Façade and Installation Systems for Pipe rings and Heavy modular systems. As part of our Business Unit Installation we provide product development, supply, marketing and engineering. Our highly motivated international team works together with colleagues from all over the world in an entrepreneurial environment to bring innovative new products to the market.
What does the role involve?
In this role you are responsible for the development, implementation and execution of impactful content in strong alignment with the market organizations to drive the competences of our internal and external stakeholder. Further, you will take over the leading role during the idea and innovation process to address uncovered gaps within the customer journey by developing compelling product visions and sustainable ideas together with the local core project team and other key stakeholders. In addition, the role of product owner includes the proactive involvement in projects by ensuring that all required marketing inputs e.g. sales, competition, KPIs are delivered on time and marketing process tasks are executed along the project flow successfully including the continuous verification of the value proposition. Monitoring of solution launches, defining of corrective measurements and collaborating with cross functional departments are part of your everyday work.
We support you to develop in your role - and beyond. Together we will discuss the strengths you can build on and how you can expand your skills.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we´ll support you in shaping your individual career path. It means we can pair talent with opportunities - developing our people in their current roles or challenging them to work in new ways or in new places. It’s how we find the right fit and further our teams personally and professionally.
Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits:
• flexible working times (home office possibility)
• team and company events
• additional pension plan (employer-financed; after 2 year with the company)
• up-to-date work equipment
• accident insurance (employer-financed)
• individual development plan etc.
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
Why should you apply?
You are passionate about leading new product development approaches, want to grow and at the same time have a positive influence on building a sustainable future. You are looking for a role in which you can strategically advance business models, leave a footprint and lay the foundation for your international career through international exchange in a matrix organization.
What you need is:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a comparable field of study with substantial understanding of technical performance values in building construction (statics, thermal efficiency, approvals, etc.)
- 2+ years professional working experience in Marketing incl. product management and product owner experience
- Proven work background in matrix organizations and in an international environment
- Proven track record in B2B sales environment, ideally in direct sales environment
- Fundamental understanding of stakeholder roles in construction industry and processes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English are mandatory, other languages are a plus
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Team player who is ready and motivated to work in a international matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in agile product (hardware, software or service) development is beneficial
- Willingness to travel globally up to 20%
This position is subject to the collective agreement for employees in metal trade, employment group IV which states a minimum salary of € 2.644,46 per month – gross (in Austria it is legally obliged to announce at least a gross monthly salary). Based on your individual professional skills and know-how and previous experience, we are willing to negotiate and offer an attractive performance-oriented remuneration package highly above the minimum salary.
Take up the next challenge and start your career with Hilti! We look forward to receiving your online application including details of your availability.
Contact: Eurofox GmbH – A Group Company of Hilti | Stefanie Meidl (+ 43 664 1104220) | Human Resources
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”